Legal Web Design Blog
How Do Potential Clients Search for Lawyers and Law Firms?
Law firm web marketing is ultimately all about fulfilling a need. Clients need information and guidance. Our job is to figure out how to meet them wherever they’re going.
When a layperson hits the web with a potential lawsuit or a legal need, we want to make sure they find our clients first. To accomplish that, we have to understand how today’s prospective clients are using the Internet to conduct law firm research.
To that end, a new study produced in conjunction with Google reveals a lot:
• 72% of people looking for a lawyer online will only contact one attorney.
• 82% of those people will hire that lawyer.
• 74% of people are ready to take action when visiting a law firm website.
• 1/5 of people running legal searches visit YouTube as part of that process.
• 96% of the people who visit lawyers online use a search engine to do so.
• 71% of people say they want a lawyer located within 25 miles of them.
• 85% use online maps.
• 69% of people use computers and smartphones when seeking legal help.
• Mobile access now accounts for 31% (nearly a third!) of law firm website traffic.
What does that tell us? You need to have a mobile-friendly website that includes location data, touch-to-call features, YouTube integration, intuitive legal web design, effective SEO, and more.
Having that kind of website makes the difference between getting a case and not getting a case. It’s just that simple, and FindLaw’s infographic really puts those facts in focus.
At Legal Web Design, we offer custom legal website design, SEO for lawyers, mobile website development, YouTube marketing, Google-effective legal content writing, and more. We’ve helped thousands of law firms and attorneys find greater success online. We can absolutely do the same for you. Use the contact form above to schedule a quick consultation, free of charge.
Tips and Tricks
Our Newsletter Subscription is 100% Opt-In - No Spam
Search Engine News
Bing Ads Editor now supports Enhanced CPC, exports to create expanded text ads
Mar 24, 2017 | 08:59 am
SEM account management: Part 3 — How to get more responsibility
Mar 24, 2017 | 08:52 am
SMX West session: The definitive guide to local search ranking factors
Mar 24, 2017 | 08:00 am
Search in Pics: Google aquarium bathtub room, hanging bubbles & sports court
Mar 24, 2017 | 06:46 am
SearchCap: Google Fred confirmation, mobile-first index status & future of search
Mar 23, 2017 | 15:00 pm