Legal Web Design Blog
YouTube for Lawyers
Google is far and away the largest search engine on the internet. Microsoft (Bing), Yahoo, Ask and AOL aren’t even close. In fact, another Google Site—YouTube—garners more search traffic than all of those competitors combined.
More than 3 billion searches are processed on YouTube each month. Every minute, 100 hours of video are uploaded on YouTube. Every month, 6 billion hours of video are viewed on the site, currently the fastest growing video sharing website in the world.
These are some of the findings on YouTube compiled by the San Diego company Mushroom Networks in a compelling infographic. Other highlights include:
• Nearly half of internet users are on YouTube
• YouTube receives 1 billion unique monthly visitors
• YouTube reaches more 18-34 year olds than any media network
How Law Firms Can Market With YouTube
You (as well as your competitors) are probably all on Twitter and Facebook. Most firms now also have a blog. YouTube, however, is underutilized by law firms and other businesses, creating the opportunity to reach a customer segment that your competitors aren’t reaching.
The American Bar Association recommends that lawyers use video in the following ways:
• Begin with a few trial videos. Don’t launch a full-scale video campaign until you first create a few short videos and gauge feedback.
• Market the lawyer, not the law firm. Video is a tool that allows you to humanize your brand, rather than focusing on firm aspects such as case results, reputation and accolades.
• Develop an online video version of regular firm communications. This includes educational videos, legal alerts and press releases.
The ABA also provides tips on how to have success with videos. It recommends posting videos frequently, keeping them short, tagging and sharing content across other social media platforms (i.e. Facebook and Twitter), and measuring results (views, shares and likes) to learn what works best.
Mushroom Networks found that 4 factors seem to most significantly impact video rankings:
• Number of views
• Video title
• Video description
• Video ratings
As for what not to do, Martindale-Hubbell provides these examples of awesomely-bad lawyer video ads.
Any firm interested in establishing a stronger web presence and engaging prospective clients through the power of visual media can learn more though a free consultation with Legal Web Design.
Tips and Tricks
Our Newsletter Subscription is 100% Opt-In - No Spam
Search Engine News
SearchCap: Penguin & link building, PPC leads & social
Sep 30, 2016 | 15:00 pm
What’s new and cool at Google from SMX East 2016
Sep 30, 2016 | 12:00 pm
Up close at SMX: Using paid search and social together
Sep 30, 2016 | 11:30 am
Why call tracking helps improve PPC lead generation account performance
Sep 30, 2016 | 10:15 am
Authority & link building with real-time Penguin
Sep 30, 2016 | 09:37 am